Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake!

For my nephew’s baby shower my Aunt made the most amazing fresh carrot cake bars with whipped cream cheese frosting. One thing you should know about me is that I am not a fan of sweets. Sure occasionally I’ll have a sweet tooth, but never “MUST HAVE SWEETS”.

The first bite in to these bars was life changing. They are deceptively heavy, moist, mind-bogglingly delicious….Ahhh my words will never do it justice! Tom and I took some leftovers home. We literally fought over last bite…it wasn’t pretty.

When I tasted these bars, I knew instantly that these bars would be made into a cake and served at my wedding - come hell, or high water.

My dear guests that do not like carrot cake, I ask that you step outside your non carrot cake eating world and allow my Aunts master piece to take you to a euphoria you have yet to experience.

-Laura

1 comment:

  1. If you ever need an outside non-biased third-party opinion on desserts...I will gladly lay my blood sugar levels on the line for your special day :)

    ReplyDelete