Friday, September 24, 2010

To Receive Or Not To Receive



I have moved on to the receiving line debate. Instead of telling you the story I’m giving you the pro and con list! (yes, another list!)

Receiving Line Pros:
  • You get to greet and hug every guest at least once
  • You are not obligated to seek out guests to make sure you have spoken to everyone
  • Yeah….that’s all I got….

Receiving Line Cons:
  • You have to greet and hug every guest at least once
  • I hate excess hugging!!
  • It takes and average of 20 seconds per person. 20 seconds times over 200 people. That’s over and hour folks – Do you want to stand in line that long?
  • In that time we could be sitting, eating, dancing just about anything other than standing in a line!

I have several more but it would probably be inappropriate with our mixed audience.

--Laura

2 comments:

  1. So I take it the receiving line is a no? Having a "hug bouncer" there to make sure the hugs and congrats don't last too long would be kinda fun though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The receiving line isn't a big deal if you are at the front of the line, but the people seated in the back of the church are stuck For-Ev-Er! I totally get wanting to greet everyone, and we are all used to it if you decide to go that way ;)

    ReplyDelete